COLLECTION AND USE OF INFORMATION
The data controller of your personal data collected in the use of our services is SES HD PLUS Ghana Limited of Silicon House, 12 Roman Ridge, Accra, Ghana.
The following personal data is collected by HD Plus:
- Account information: We collect other information you provide us with when setting up or managing your account.
- Usage data: We may collect data on how you interact with our services. This data includes information about your activity, your access dates and times, diagnostic, app crashes and other system activities.
- Device information: We may collect information about the devices you use to access our services. This includes information such as the hardware models, IP address, device identifiers, app version, operating system information and connection information (mobile data network or ISP).
WHY WE COLLECT YOUR DATA
We collect your data for the following reasons:
- Our services: We use the information we collect to operate our services including creation and update of accounts, improving and fixing our services. We also use your information to understand how you interact with our services.
- Communications about our services: We use the information we collect to communicate new services, updates, news and promotions to you. We may do so through text messages, push notifications, in app communications and email.
- Non-marketing communications: We may use the information we collect to inform you about changes to our terms and conditions and send any other communications that are not for the purpose of marketing our services.
- Customer support: We use the information we collect to provide customer support and respond to you when you contact us with any concerns. We also use the information we collect to improve our customer support responses. This means that we may from time to time record your calls when you contact us or collect information on your emails or any other way you choose to contact us.
- Safety and Security: We use the personal data we collect to ensure that the security, safety and integrity of our services is maintained.
- Research and development: We may use the personal data we collect for research and development of our services to ensure that our services to you are safe, improved and user friendly.
COOKIES AND THIRD PARTY TECHNOLOGIES
Cookies are small text files that are stored on your device by websites and apps when you use them.
- To remember your choices
LEGAL BASIS FOR COLLECTING INFORMATION
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We may disclose or share your personal data for the following reasons:
- Where we have reasonable grounds to believe that such disclosure is needed:
- to satisfy any applicable law or regulation, subpoena or legal process
- to the extent required by any regulatory authority or local governmental agency,
- to prevent any illegal activities.
- We will share personal data with our employees or agents to the extent that they need to process the information on our behalf or provide us with technical or support services such as marketing, security and IT services. We do not authorize them to disclose your personal data.
- In order to protect our property, safety and rights as well as that of our customers, agents, employees and to prevent or mitigate any threat (both actual or reasonably anticipated) to us, our customers, employees or agents.
We do not share your personal data with third parties for the purposes of direct marketing.
RETAINING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We retain all your personal data that we collect from you for as long as is necessary to achieve the purposes for which we collect it. This means that we may keep data for varying periods of time depending on the nature of the data and the purpose for which we collected the data.
Notwithstanding the above, we may keep your personal data for longer periods under the following circumstances:
- Where the retention is required or authorized by law.
- Where the retention of the record is reasonably necessary for a lawful purpose related to a function or activity.
- Where the retention of the record is required by virtue of a contract
- Where you consent to us retaining your personal data for a longer period.
- Where your personal data is needed for historical, statistical or research purposes.
We may keep all retained information for as long as you continue to use our services and for a period of 6 years thereafter.
Upon the expiration of the retention period, we shall destroy, delete or de-identify the record of your personal data.
We use appropriate, reasonable, technical and organizational measures to secure the integrity of your personal data in our possession against theft, loss and unauthorized access and use. However, should there be reasonable grounds to believe that your personal data has been accessed or acquired by an unauthorised person, you shall be informed immediately subject to the requirements of the data protection regulatory authority.
RIGHT TO ACCESS PERSONAL DATA
You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal data subject to you providing us with information reasonably required to identify you and to locate the data you require such as your full name, your contact details (telephone and email address), location, how the personal data was collected (if known).
RIGHT TO RECTIFICATION
You have a right to ask us to rectify your personal data that you believe is inaccurate.
RIGHT TO PREVENT PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA
You have a right to request (in writing) that we cease or not begin to process for a specified purpose or in a specified manner, any personal data that causes or is likely to cause unwarranted damage or distress to you.
RIGHT TO PREVENT PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA FOR DIRECT MARKETING
You have a right to request (in writing) that we do not process your personal data for the purposes of direct marketing.
RIGHT IN RELATION TO AUTOMATED DECISION-TAKING
You have a right to request in writing that any decision taken by us which significantly affects you is not based solely on the processing of your personal data by automatic means.
RIGHTS IN RELATION TO EXEMPT MANUAL DATA
You have a right to request (in writing) that we rectify, block, erase or destroy exempt manual data that is inaccurate or incomplete or cease to hold this manual data in a manner that is incompatible with the legitimate purposes under which we require your data.
PRIVACY OF CHILDREN
We do not process the personal data of children under parental control in accordance with the law. If you are a parent or a legal guardian and you discover that your child has provided us with any personal data or consent, you may write to ask us to remove such information.
Customer Service Team: +233 24 243 9872
Email us: email@example.com
Web address: www.hd-plus.com.gh